Last Updated: 15th March, 2021
- to personalize, provide, and improve our services;
- to verify your identity and payment details before we allow you to set up a user account and profile;
- to contact you and allow other users to contact you;
- to respond to or fulfil your queries, requests and complaints;
- to analyze how you use our services;
- to comply with, protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- to conduct market research, audits, reviews, assessments and analysis of our internal processes, action planning, improvement of services provided to you and managing commercial risks;
- for the purpose of record-keeping in the ordinary course of our business;
- to circulate, transmit and/or deliver to you, directly or indirectly, by any means (including emails, phone calls, video calls, short messaging services, regular mails, push notifications and any other means) any promotional, informational, advertising materials in respect of our existing and future services;
- to deliver and support any products or services which we believe you may find useful or appropriate to you and which we may communicate, directly or indirectly, to you (save for any specific products or services which you have opted out of in writing);
- for any other purpose relating to the above; and/or
- for the implementation and execution of any of the above.
In certain cases, we may also share your Personal Data with our trusted business partners and agents in accordance with the section below titled "Disclosure and Usage of Personal Data".
Collection of Personal Data
Information You Provide
We receive and store any information you provide to us during the course of your transactions and dealings with us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect, without limitation, Personal Data such as your name, age, gender, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, occupation, marital status, residential status, postal address, email address, phone number and personal preferences. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. You may be requested to furnish your Personal Data from time to time.
If you have given us your relevant contact information, we may communicate with you. For example, if you have given us your email address, we may email you about your use of our services. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us improve our communications with you as well as that of our services. If you prefer not to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by contacting us at email@example.com or by following the opt-out instructions contained in such emails.
Information Collected Automatically
We may use this data in association with any other Personal Data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use such information for analysis and evaluation to help us to improve our services. For example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of our services, and we can use that knowledge to make such services as engaging to as many users as possible.
Information Collected from Other Websites and Do Not Track Policy
Disclosure and Usage of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be de-identified so that you are not identified as an individual before we provide that information to our trusted business partners and agents. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our trusted business partners and agents, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our services, so that they, too, can provide you with an engaging online experience. However, we do not disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a trusted business partner or agent in a manner that would identify you as an individual.
- We do engage other third-party companies as well as people to carry out tasks on our behalf and will need to share your Personal Data with them in order to provide products or services to you. For example, we may use a Third Party Payment Processor to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on our services is collected and processed directly by our payment processor, and we never physically receive or store your full payment card information. Our payment processor commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security.
- You may elect to upload selected user profile information, including, but not limited to, your name, location, and any image content (provided your user profile permits it). Any user profile information uploaded to our website or App may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within our services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Data in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (on discussion boards, in chat tools, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you post comments or upload images or videos through our website, App or services and other users can contact you through comments in your Posts. When you provide any content or your Personal Data to any third party on our website through non-public conversations, please remember that recipients have their own copy of your communications on our website which they may duplicate, store or re-share, even if you delete your copy of those communications from your account. As such, you should think carefully about what you make public on our website and what you disclose to any third party on our website through non-public conversations on our website, especially if it is sensitive information. You may control the information you share on our website through any tools or account settings available on our website. By publicly posting content on our website, you are directing to us to disclose that information as broadly as possible.
- We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Data could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law or court order;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Showwcase, our officers, employees, users, or others.
Protection of Personal Data
- Your account is protected by email verification for your privacy and security. You are responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of your email account as well as the security and confidentiality of the verification code sent to your email address whenever you sign in to your account with us. You are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your account and Personal Data by not sharing your verification code or your email account to anyone and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. In respect of a corporate account, we recommend setting up a shared-access email account in your company domain linked to the corporate account.
- We value your privacy and strive to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data we retain in our records. We strive to continuously update and improve our confidentiality and security measures in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and reasonable standard of commercial practice. We shall however not be liable for any unauthorized or accidental entry or use of your account, failure of the Services, or any loss, theft, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of your Personal Data, to the extent that is not within our control.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
- You may access, correct or delete the following information that you have given to us through your account settings:
- contact information;
- user profile information, including images you may have uploaded to the Site; and
- payment details and tax identification information.
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as our services change. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Personal Data
- You have the option not to disclose information to us, but please bear in mind some information may be required to register for an account with us or to access some of our features or services. If you do not wish to have your Personal Data being processed by us, you may opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We may maintain a copy of your unrevised information in our records after you have updated any information. You may request deletion of your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data after you update or delete it, but not in a form that would identify you personally. Further, keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information even after you have deleted the information from our services or deactivated your account with us. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result or in connection with such public information to the extent that is not within our control.
- If you are a California consumer, please see the section below titled "Notices for California Residents" for more notices regarding your Personal Data.
Visiting Our Website from Outside California
If you are visiting our website from outside California, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed where our servers are located. The data protection and other laws of California might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We nonetheless strive to take reasonable measures to ensure that your privacy is protected.
Notices for California Residents